1. When did you start to learn math?
2. Do you think it's difficult?
3. Is math an important subject?
4. Who teach you math?
5. Do you use a calculator?
1. Do you live in a house or a flat?
2. How long have you been living there?
3. Would you prefer to live in a house or a flat?(advantages and disadvantages of living in a house or a flat)
4. What are some of the amenities near your home?
5. Is your community a good place to live in?
Work and study
1. Are you a student or are you working?
2. What's your major? Why do you choose it?
3. Is it difficult to learn?
4. Is it promising in your country?
5. What do you want to do in the future?
1. Do you like to take photographs?
2. Do you prefer to take photos of yourself or to have other people?
3. In what situations do you take photographs?
4. Do you prefer to take photos of people or of sceneries?
5. How do you keep your photos?
Fruits & vegetables
1.What is your favourite fruit and vegetables?
2. How often do you eaet fruit and vegetables?
3. What are the most popular/special fruits in your country?
4. Where do people always buy fruits and foods in your hometown?
5. What is healthy eating?
1. Do you like reading?
2. How often do you read?
3. Did you read much when you were a child?
4. What are the benefits of reading for children?
5. Which book do you like most?
Being in a hurry
1. When was the last time you did something in a hurry?
2. Do you like to finish things quickly?
3. What kind of things will you never do in a hurry?
4. Why do people make mistakes more easily when they are in a hurry?
5. What do you think of people who are always in a hurry?
1. Who is your favorite teacher?
2. Is it important for students to like teachers?
3. Why are Chinese teachers so strict?
4. Do you still keep in touch with this teacher?
5. Do you want to be a teacher in the future?
1. Do you have any habit before sleeping?
1. How often do you send text messages?
2. Do you text someone if he doesn't answer your phone?
3. Is there any chance when texting someone is better than calling him?
4. Have you ever had difficulty replying?
5. What's your favavourite way of communication?
Hanging out with friends
1. How often do you like to hang out with friends?
2. Who do you usually like to hang out with?
3. Where do you like to do?
4. Do you like to go out with a big group of just a few friends?
5. Do you prefer to hang out with friends or be alone?
1. Do you like swimming?
2. Is it difficult to learn how to swim?
3. Where do Chinese like to go swimming?
4. What's the differences between swimming in the pool and swimming in the sea?
5. What types of swimming do you know?
1. What's the most public transportation?
2. How often do you take buses?
3. Do you prefer to take trains or planes?
4. Is driving popular in your country?
5. Do you like to travel by bike?
1. Do you eat snacks?
2. Is it healthy to eat snacks?
3. What was the most popular snacks when you were a kid?
4. What kinds of snacks do children in your country like to eat nowadays?
5. How do you choose snacks when you are in a shop?
1. Where's your hometown?
2. Please describe it a little?
3. Do you like your hometown?
4. Is there anything you don't like about it?
5. Do you think it's a suitable place for children to live?
1. Describe a cafe or a restaurant you like (to go)/ that impresses you.
2. Describe a happy family event from your childhood.
3. Describe a house or apartment you want to live in.
4. Describe something you do to (help you) stay healthy.
5. Describe a recent happy event that you had.
6. Describe a person you know who dresses well/ a person who is fashionable
7. Describe a place that can be good to relax(not home).
8. Describe a person who can use/speak a second a foreign language.
9. Describe a small and successful company you know.
10.Describe a gift for others that took you a long time to choose.
11.Describe a historical building in your country.
12.Describe a time that you and your friend had a disagreement.
13.Describe a paid job you ever did or someone you know ever did.
14.Describe an occasion you got up extremely early.
15.Describe an educational TV programme that you have seen.
16.Describe a change that will improve your local area.
17.Describe a team you have been part of.
18.Describe an educational trip you went on.
19.Describe an electronic machine you want to buy.
20.Describe a person who likes to travel by plane.
Demo for topic 1:
Well, I’d like to talk about a restaurant called LVCHA. In Chinese, it means the green tea.
Anyway, it’s a chain of stores. I frequent the one in the boulevard nearby. Since the boulevard is one of the most handy spots for most people in the area to entertain, the restaurant doesn't take reservation in advance, you have to wait outside to get a table.
After dinner, people could take a stroll in the well-lit streets, sided by a wide range of brands and boutiques. And for those who aren't that into shopping, there's an IMAX theatre where they could enjoy the latest film.
One of the highlights of the restaurants is its sophisticated environment, with quaint elements of wooden decorations, winding streams of water and well-groomed potted plants here and there.
The seat is comfortable and spacious, which gives you a lot of privacy to enjoy your food and conversations with your companions.
As for the food, it mainly features cuisines from the southern part of China. But actually, it caters to public opinion and adjusts its way of cooking and flavour accordingly. The menu and dishes vary in different cities. For instance, comparing to its chain stores in cities like Hangzhou, the proportions of dishes are larger, the taste is bolder, and the chefs seem to be more generous with spices. Besides, the menu updates all the time, you’ll never get tired.
Naturally, the restaurant's been a great choice for friend get-together and young couples in search for a little romance.